Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Madagascar Memories

Today, after intentionally taking a detour down Willamette Falls Drive to look at the American flags that lined the street and reminding the boys why today, Veterans' Day, is important to all of us, we headed to the movies. It WAS raining!

Madagascar 2 was playing so we got in line with everyone else and went to see it. It was entertaining. One of my sons actually asked when we could see it again - not until video I told him. I never understood why people would go to see the same movie in theaters more than once but that is just me. But now I am getting off subject.

Madagascar the first movie holds a special place in my heart. A special place in my heart due to a speach impediment my third son had until he was almost four years old. He could not pronounce a hard "C" or a hard "G."

This lead to some interesting situations. At age three, while we were in the grocery checkout line he asked what we were doing next. I told him "I need to get some gas." So he repeats: "You need to 'et some 'ass?" A man in line behind me practically fell on the floor laughing.

But the best was when Madagascar the first movie came out. In his speak it was - "Madamasshard." I kid you not. The big guys had a field day. "Hey, little guy, what movie did you see?"

A big thank you to all you Veterans and those that still serve - today and every day. We are free to go silly movies on a Tuesday afternoon. I will make sure my sons are thankful too.